Our speech and language therapists specialise in assessing, diagnosing and treating you if you have a communication or swallowing disorder.
We aim to give you the best possible function, independence and quality of life by providing you with tailored treatment programmes, advice and education.
You can get treatment at our outpatient clinics in the community or at home, if you can’t get out and about.
We also provide therapy to inpatients in Clayponds Hospital
We treat patients with speech, language or swallowing difficulties, which can be associated with the following diagnosis:
- Swallowing problems due to frailty
- Cardio-vascular problems, such as a stroke
- Complications after surgery
- Degenerative neurological disorder, such as Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis or motor neurone disease
- Head injuries
- Learning disabilities
- Brain tumour and other cancers
- Respiratory conditions
- Outpatient clinics based in the locality (neighbourhood)
- Home visits to patients who can’t get out
- Outreach support for patients in other settings outside hospital, such as nursing homes and hospices.
Support for primary care and nursing homes
- We provide specialist advice and guidance to GPs, nursing home staff, patients and carers, including support and discussions about identifying and safeguarding against risk.
- We flag high risk patients to GPs and nursing home staff for potential follow up and close monitoring.
- We provide education and training on specific pathology (such as aspiration pneumonia) and strategies for managing risk in people with swallowing difficulties.
Care for inpatients at Clayponds Rehabilitation Hospital
- If you’re staying in Clayponds Hospital, we offer rehabilitation assessment, therapy and treatment, working with the wider medical team.
Our outpatient and community services in Ealing accept referrals from GPs, consultants or self-referrals.
To refer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have learning disabilities, please contact the multi-disciplinary community team for people with learning disabilities at Green Lane, London W7 2PB for help to complete a referral.
- Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
- The Stroke Association
- Communication Disability Network
- Support for carers of stroke sufferers Stroke4Carers
- Head injuries charity Headway
- Motor Neurone Disease Association
- Parkinson’s UK
- Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Cancer Research UK
- Cancer support charity Macmillan
- National Association of Laryngectomy Clubs
- British Voice Association.