The Triangle of Care is a partnership between professionals, the person being cared for, and their carers. It sets out how they should work together to support recovery, promote safety and maintain wellbeing.
These are the six standards of the Triangle of Care:
- Carers and the essential role they play are identified at first contact or as soon as possible thereafter
- Staff are ‘carer aware’ and trained in carer engagement strategies
- Policy and practice protocols regarding confidentiality and sharing information
,are in place.
- Defined post(s) responsible for carers are in place
- A carer introduction to the service and staff is available, with a relevant range of information across the care pathway
- A range of carer support services is available.
The Trust started delivery of the Triangle of Care in 2018, receiving our first star in 2019 and is currently working towards our second one.
For more information, visit the Carers Trust