The West London NHS charity helps the trust go a little further in their support for patients, staff and carers. The charitable proceeds help to fund a variety of projects across the trust from improving patient environments through gardening projects to providing additional resources for better patient care and recovery.
Donations to the West London NHS charity enable the health service to go above and beyond.
The Trust’s Charitable Funds Committee is chaired by Elizabeth Rantzen, along with five trustees that meet every quarter to review bids submitted by services. During the Covid-19 pandemic we were fortunate enough to receive funds from NHS Charities Together to help us go a little further, this included funds raised by Captain Sir Tom Moore.
Run, bake, jump, skydive, walk - you decide!
These are just a few ways you can help to support us and have fun along the way. You can do it alone or ask your family and friends to join in but most importantly you will be making a positive change in your own unique way.
We have many awareness days in our NHS calendar highlighting causes that maybe close to you or a family member so why not pick a date and set yourself a fundraising challenge. A little goes a long way, so please get in touch if you are hosting your own event or challenge.
Please get in touch if you’re hosting your own event or challenge and don’t forget to set up your online fundraising page:
You can donate:
- As an act of kindness
Helping us to support the wellbeing of patients, service users, carers and our staff.
- In memory of someone you love
Making a donation in memory of someone you love is a good way to celebrate their life or say thank you for their treatment and care.
Ways to donate:
- Via a monthly donation
A regular donation enables the charity to plan ahead for much needed wellbeing support for the future, funding improvements which can’t be met from NHS budgets.
- You can make a secure bank transfer directly to the charity account:
Bank name: RBS
Account name: GBS Re W Lon MH NHST TF
Account number: 10004238
Sort code: 60-70-80
- You can send a cheque, made payable to West London Charity - Charitable Fund, to:
West London Charity
1 Armstrong Way
- You can donate securely online via our JustGiving page too.
On the 5 July the NHS marks its 75th birthday and what better way to celebrate than hosting an NHS Big Tea.
The Big Tea is an occasion to celebrate your NHS and your way of saying thank you. It is also a fundraising opportunity for all par-tea-cipants to support the West London NHS Charity, so it can continue to support projects or resources outside of traditional NHS funding.
Do you live or work locally? Would your company or club like to host a tea?
Plan your party
- Decide a place and time on the 5 July
- Bring your brew crew together – family, friends, children, colleagues, pets and host a tea par-tea
- Invi-teas are encouraged to bring tea, cake, scones and sandwiches together for an afternoon tea
- To make it more fun why not arrange a raffle, bake sale, quiz or in keeping with the theme, guess the number of tea bags in the tea pot?
75 for NHS 75 Challenge
Celebrate your NHS by taking on a challenge! Pick an activity:
- 75 mins of walking
- 75 press ups
- 75 star jumps
- 75 knitting stitches
- 75 skips
Pledge to complete it every day for one month. Whether you make it a solo, family/friends or team challenge. Ask your family, friends and colleagues to sponsor you and help raise vital funds for the West London NHS Charity.
Got another fundraising idea? We’d love to hear from you, get in touch by emailing: email@example.com.
Once you have completed your event you can donate through our just giving page. We've set a fundraising target of £7,5000 for our charity.
So what are you waiting for, let’s put the kettle on, bring out the teapots and cake stands, lay out the gingham and let’s make this one memorable afternoon tea party!
You can send a cheque, made payable to West London Charity - Charitable Fund
West London Charity
1 Armstrong Way
Share your tea party stories
Tell us about your lovely tea party and do share your photographs (with consent of course) and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will share them on our social media channels.
Alternatively, you can post on social media with the hashtag #NHSBigTea #teamwestlondon and tagging in @WLCharity on Twitter or @westlondonnhstrust on Instagram and West London NHS Trust on Facebook
Last but not least, don’t forget the teapot!
- Powering recovery - bridging digital inequalities in collaboration with third sector partners for our community service users
- Mental wealth festival - sponsoring a visit for our service users to help support their mental health recovery
- Project Wingman - arranged a well-being bus visit for our staff to take a moment to pause
- Emily's memorial bench - In memory of our colleague Emily Martin, healthcare assistant who sadly passed away due to long term illness
West London NHS and Lampton Leisure Community Sports group - funding a pilot project to support service users by providing them access to community leisure activities to promote mental health recovery
- Nursing Conference - the charity donated prizes for a staff raffle
NHS Big Tea
Emily's memorial bench