Hounslow Hawks FC is a community football group providing football for our service users.
This group has been running since 2007, with football training twice a week and monthly league matches. Football helps to improve the teams’ structure, routine and motivation, aiming to increase social interaction and reduce social isolation.
Every year, the Trust runs a football tournament in which seven teams of staff and service users take play in support for World Mental Health Day.
Other recent projects include:
- Virtual reality headsets to be used as part of therapy sessions
- Sensory equipment and a group therapy room at Lakeside Mental Health Unit
- Virtual tour of The Orchard to ease the anxiety of patients arriving at the unit
- Garden furniture at The Limes, where we care for people with cognitive and behavioural problems, including dementia
- Blankets and bean bags for patients in Hammersmith and Fulham Mental Health Unit
- Refreshment stations for staff working in our community sites.