The Vocational recovery service supports people who’re under the care of West London NHS Trust and who have employment related issues. We work with people who are engaged with the recovery and early intervention teams. We’re part of the mental health integrated network teams (MINT).
Our clinical vocational specialists work can work with you if you’re who’re currently in paid employment and need support to retain your job. This includes:
- Advice about your rights at work
- Support to manage your wellbeing at work
- Support managing personal information
- Advocacy and support at workplace meetings
- Recommendations about workplace adjustments and adaptations
- Assistance with back to work planning.
If you want to get a paid job, but are not quite ready to do so, work experience can be a helpful step. We can work with you to a find suitable unpaid work experience placement in line with what you want to do, aimed at building skills and confidence in the workplace.
We offer vocational courses through our Recovery College to help prepare people for employment.
- Skills for employment
- Work and benefits courses
- Work/life balance.
The vocational recovery service is a self-referral service.
If you’re under the care of West London NHS Trust and would like support with your employment related issues, please email: VRS@westlondon.nhs.uk