Our early intervention for psychosis (EIP) teams look after people for up to three years after their first episode of psychosis.
We accept referrals for people between the ages of 14 and 65 years old.
We hold a strong ethos of hope and whole-team commitment to enable recovery through the provision of individually tailored and evidence-based interventions
We believe in working with people as individuals and understanding their own background, strengths, skills and values.
Below is a summary of the key components of our services
- Swift assessment for those with a suspected first-episode of psychosis
- Staff who build up trust and confidence
- Information to help people understand psychosis and treatment options
- Care coordinator who will support you with self-management skills, social care issues such as housing or debt management, and relapse prevention work
- A choice of psychological and pharmacological interventions
- Support, information and advice for families and carers, including carers’ assessments where required
- Support with employment, training and/or education
- Regular physical health check, monitoring and appropriate treatment
- Support with other difficulties such as low mood, anxiety and substance misuse
- A crisis plan and prompt service response to severe difficulties.
Early intervention in psychosis services continue to provide a comprehensive service.
Referrals of suspected first episode psychosis should be made via SPA in the usual way.
A multi-disciplinary team has been mobilised to support the identification of patients for fast track discharge from acute in patient services. This will continue for the foreseeable future.
This is a term used to describe a range of different experiences which often causes people to perceive or interpret things differently from those around them; they can also hear, see or feel things that others cannot.
For further information, please see the My Health London website.
Please contact your GP or telephone the single point of access on 0800 328 4444 (press option 1 if you're over 18 years. Press option 2 if you're 14-18 years).