Our community and district nursing service in Ealing provides nursing care if you have a condition that means you can’t leave home.
You may be eligible for the service if you:
- Are over 18 years old
- Have a short or long-term condition which makes it difficult for you to leave the house
- Would find it difficult to access regular healthcare if we did not visit you.
We provide our core service 7 days a week between 8am and 8pm and can provide care outside these hours as part of the 24 hour rapid response service.
Under our care, you’ll have a team of nurses to call about your treatment or if you need help and advice. The team will:
- Assess your individual healthcare needs
- Discuss and plan your care with you
- Provide you with skilled nursing care in your own home
- Refer you to other agencies, if needed.
As well as information about your care, we can provide:
- Administration of medication
- Advice on continence
- Advice on how to live a more healthy life
- Assessment for equipment so that you can stay as independent as possible
- Care if you have a long-term condition and complex needs
- General nursing care when you’re ill
- Continuing nursing care after you’ve left hospital
- Palliative and end-of-life care
- Referrals to other health and social care services, if needed
- Screening for other medical conditions.
Our team also provides blood tests (phlebotomy) for patients who can’t visit the GP practice or hospital.
Where we provide your care
We provide care in your home.
We work very closely with your local GP and with other health and social care professionals. You can be referred to the community and district nursing service by:
- Your GP
- Your practice nurse
- A hospital
- Other health and social care professionals.