There are so many ways to raise money for the West London Charity – it’s all about using your imagination and having fun at the same time.
Check out the menu on the left but in the meantime, here are some easy ideas to get you started:
• Get sponsored to lose a few pounds or give something up
• Host a movie night and get all your friends to donate to attend
• Flog your clutter and sell unwanted presents to raise money
• Host a charity fashion show or a themed party
• Run a cake sale or office bake off at work
• Grow a moustache or shave your head
Set up a fundraising page
When you have decided what you would like to do to fundraise, why not set up a fundraising page. It’s quick and easy to do and a secure way to collect sponsorship from anyone around the world.
Types of fundraising
From running, to cycling to walking to skydiving, there’s bound to be an event that you can do to help us improve the care given to our service users.
If your event is being put on by a third party, all you need to do is simply sign up on the event organisers’ website then let us know what you are doing to fundraise.
We will then send you out a fundraising pack and sponsorship forms.
Do get in touch if you decide to host your own event or challenge and don’t forget to set up your online fundraising page by clicking the link below. We will be on hand to offer you support and guidance every step of the way.
Fundraising in your community is a great way to engage your local network. You can host a bake sale, shave your head or organise a bring and buy day.
The possibilities are endless but here are a few more ideas:
In celebration giving
Getting married or celebrating a special birthday, anniversary or retirement? Think of West London Charity and make the celebration count that much more! Asking for donations in lieu of gifts is an inspiring way for family and friends to mark your special occasion and help our work.
For many, the Festive period can be a very isolating time. Help to continue our services by donating the money you would spend on Christmas cards. Family and friends can also show their love and care during this time by making donations to West London Charity in lieu of gifts.
Companies can support us in many ways. At company level you will be raising your profile within the community and fulfilling your Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and at employee level you are getting actively involved with the community.
As an employee, you can nominate us to be your company’s Charity of the Year partner or you could hold small regular events such as cake sales, a company football match or raffle. Even placing a collection tin in reception helps!
As well as supporting your fundraising, we can help you raise awareness through press coverage and information on our website and social media pages.
Fundraising within your school is a great way to get involved with West London Charity from non-uniform days to cakes sales, the choices are endless. Some great fundraising ideas for schools are:
- Non-Uniform Day – Ask pupils to donate a £1 to wear their own clothes to school. Get teachers involved too by asking them to wear school uniform.
- Book sale – Ask pupils, parents and teachers to donate their used books to the school, and then hold a book sale where all proceeds go to West London Charity.
- Host a ticketed show like a concert, play or dance at the school auditorium with a percentage of the proceeds going to West London Charity.
In memory giving
Honouring a loved one or a friend.
Making a donation in memory of a loved one is a meaningful way to celebrate their life or your way of saying thank you for their treatment and care.
You can make a donation online via our Virgin Money Giving page. You will have the option to leave a one off gift or set up a regular donation. Your gift will be gratefully received and used wisely.
Many families decide ask friends and families to make a donation instead of sending flowers. Should you wish to make a donation in this way, in memory of your loved one, we would be most grateful.
Any cheques should be made payable to West London Charity and sent into us with a covering note to:
West London Charity
1 Armstrong Way
Set up a Tribute Fund
An online Tribute Fund is an ideal way to create a lasting and meaningful tribute to a loved one. You will be able to post stories, share your favourite photos and memories, make a donation or use the page for fundraising events.
Creating a tribute page is easy to set up and will show all of the money raised in your loved ones name.
Set up a monthly donation
A regular donation enables West London Charity to plan ahead for much needed services in the future and to ensure we are able to improve patient care beyond NHS funding.
- £5 a month could buy a new guitar to help patients with music therapy
- £10 a month could buy a new bicycle for a ward
- £25 a month could provide 4 physical activity trackers
- £50 a month could pay for 4 hours of indoor sports hall venue hire each month
Make a difference