Psychological therapies services across London are recruiting trainee Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners (PWPs). This is part of the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) programme to deliver evidence-based psychological therapies for people with anxiety and depression.
PWPs work with people across the adult age range and provide brief, structured, supported treatments such as guided self-help. You can find out more about IAPT services offered at the Trust here.
- PWP training is provided by University College London (UCL) and is full time
- Trainees attend university one day a week and work in service the remaining 4 days a week
- Trainees will be employed in an IAPT psychological treatment service
- Training course fees on this programme are fully funded by the NHS
- In addition, trainees will receive a salary from the London IAPT service where they undertake their 4-day a week placement over the year of the programme. (In previous years, this has been a full-time employed position at NHS band 4).
We are keen to recruit a workforce that is representative of the diverse local London population.
Applicants should have experience of working with people with psychological, interpersonal or social problems; either through employed positions or formal volunteer roles.
The course is a postgraduate certificate and applicants are required to demonstrate aptitude to study at postgraduate level, either through degree level education or demonstration of academic equivalence.
As part of the application process trainees will be required to nominate two London IAPT services as their preference for training. All details about the application process are set out in the recruitment pack which can be found here. This information is essential reading for successful applications.
Recruitment is via the UCL website only and not through the NHS jobs website.
The application window closes at 10am Monday 3 October 2022 with interviews expected in November 2022.
Click here for more information about the course on the UCL website or email the UCL recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.