We are bringing together information about your health from the records of all the services carried out in North West London into a Whole Systems Integrated Care Record.
By doing this:
- You won’t have to repeat your health and social care information.
- Care professionals will be able to access it directly.
- You won’t have to attend so many appointments and tests, and
- You will be involved in decisions about your care.
It is important that you understand your information will only be used for your care. If your personal information is to be included for research, we will seek your consent in advance.
WSIC – Information Sharing from HealthierNWL on Vimeo.
What information does the integrated care record contain?
The doctors, nurses and team of healthcare professionals caring for you keep records about your health and any treatment and care you receive from the NHS.
These records help to ensure that you receive the best possible care.
These records may include:
- Basic details about you, such as your name, address, date of birth and next of kin.
- Contact we have had with you, such as appointments or clinic visits.
- Notes and reports about your health, treatment and care.
- Test results, medication, allergies and mental health information.
- Relevant information from health and social care services in north west London that you use.
The information held about you will be linked together in one integrated care record containing information from the last 10 years.
If you have not received care in that time, your record will be marked as ‘no activity’.
Every patient in north west London will have an integrated care record unless they chose to opt out.
If you want to opt out, complete the patient refusal form and return it to your GP.