Easy Read uses simple language and pictures to explain the important information you need to know about different topics.
Some important information about our trust is available in Easy Read below.
We have also linked to other information about more general topics, which you may find helpful.
Easy Read leaflets
- PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service)
- 24/7 Helpline (also called the Single Point of Access)
- Sharing information with professionals
- Your treatment and care plan
Mental Health Act
- Detention – also called being sectioned
- Questions to ask when you are detained
- Leaving the ward when you are detained
- Information you must be given
- Making decisions in advance so people know what you want
- Can people visit me in hospital?
Information about specific services
Other useful resources
Self help leaflets about different conditions (Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust)
Medication information (University of Birmingham)
Information leaflets about mental health (Easy Health)
Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust have also produced some good mental health information in Easy Read format.
We cannot promise that the information on any external site is up-to-date, accurate or reliable. This is provided for your information and convenience.