In addition to a range of courses and workshops for parents, carers and professional working with children, we recommend the following courses specifically for early years practitioners.
Session 1 provides foundation information on Autism Spectrum Disorder including:
- Developing an understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Being able to identify potential signs of ASD
- Raising concerns with families about children you’re working with
- Knowing how to refer on to other services locally.
Session 2 focuses on supporting a child with ASD in a nursery setting, including:
- Understanding the importance of the environment
- Developing awareness of the relationship between language and behaviour
- Learning practical strategies to support the child’s communication in a nursery setting
- Learning about further training courses/CPD opportunities
- Language development in children under 5 years.
Session 1 is designed for Early Years practitioners working with children between 0 to 5 years. This session provides foundation information on how speech, language and communication develops and what can go wrong.
- Describe the development of speech, language and communication skills in children under 5 years
- Identify risk factors which have an impact on the development of communication skills
- Understand the role practitioners play in supporting speech, language and communication development in children aged 0 to 3 years
- Enable practitioners to gather information about any difficulties and knowledge of when and where to refer.
Session 2 focuses on how Early Years practitioners can support children in their setting to develop their speech, language and communication skills.
- Understand the importance of the environment
- Learn practical strategies to support every child’s communication in the nursery setting
- Learn about further training courses/CPD opportunities.