30 Oct 2018
West London NHS Trust welcomes today’s decision by Ealing Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) in selecting the Trust and its partners as the preferred bidder to deliver its 10-year contract for community-based services across the borough.
The new contract is expected to start in May 2019.
Carolyn Regan, Chief Executive of West London NHS Trust, said: “As a long-standing provider of care in Ealing, we are particularly pleased to have this opportunity to build on our existing local physical and mental health community services to deliver high-quality, integrated care across the borough. Our experience and the expertise of our staff, complemented by those of our partners, put us in a strong position to deliver the improvements which patients, carers and local people tell us they want to see.”
Notes to editors:
- The partnership led by West London NHS Trust includes
- West London NHS Trust (lead)
- Central & North West London NHS Foundation Trust
- The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Marie Curie
Working closely with:
- Ealing CCG
- Ealing GP Federation
- London Borough of Ealing
A full list of the organisations in the partnership is available here
2. Services to be delivered under the contract include:
- Community adult and children’s nursing and therapy services
- Intermediate care services to support patients being treated closer to home as an alternative to acute hospital admission
- Enhanced primary care (GP) services supporting Ealing’s nursing homes
- Primary care mental health support teams
- Dementia support teams
- Adult learning disability services
3. West London NHS Trust has recently changed its name (from West London Mental Health NHS Trust) to reflect its strategy to deliver integrated physical and mental health and social care across West London.