Complaints and Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)

If you would like to give us feedback or have any concerns, please feel free to contact the team directly.  You can also call us on 0300 12345 44, if you have any comments, questions or concerns.

If you’re not satisfied with the service received from West London NHS Trust, you can make a formal complaint in writing.  If you feel able, try to talk to somebody directly involved in your care first, such as a nurse, ward manager or doctor.  If you feel unable to discuss your complaint with a member of staff involved in your care, you can write to the Complaints Manager at:

Trust Complaints Manager
Trust Headquarters
1 Armstrong Way

Or email

What you can expect from us

When we get your complaint we will:

· let you know we have received it (we aim to do this within 2 working days)

· investigate it, if appropriate

· let you know what went wrong and what we are doing to put things right

We will write to you within 3 working days to formally acknowledge your complaint and to let you know about the next steps.

If an investigation is necessary, we will want to meet with you to get as much detail as possible so that we can be certain that we look into all aspects of your complaint.

If you want to make a formal complaint, you should do so within 12 months of the events happening, or within 12 months of you becoming aware that you have a complaint. The complaints manager has discretionary powers to extend this if there are good reasons why the complaint could not be made earlier.

We will write to you when the investigation is complete to explain what has happened and apologise if we have failed in any way. We will also tell you about the action we have taken to put the matter right and improve the services we offer.

We see complaints as a valuable source of feedback, and our approach is to learn from problems that have occurred.

Where your complaint includes the actions of another NHS organisation or Social Services we will try to work with these organisations so that you receive a single reply to all issues you have raised with us.
If for any reason there is a delay we will contact you.

Further action

Please let us know if you are unhappy with our response to your complaint and we will try to address your concerns.  If you are still not satisfied with our response, you can write to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.

The Ombudsman

The Ombudsman will only consider your complaint once it has been investigated and responded to by the trust.

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower


Tel: 0345 015 4033

Help to write your complaint

The independent NHS complaints advocacy service can support you in making a complaint and give you advice about using the complaints system. They can also write letters on your behalf and prepare you for and attend meetings with you.

Helpline: 0300 330 5454

Textphone: 0786 002 2939

Fax: 0330 088 3762


Contact us

If you have any questions about Ealing Community Partners or your care please call 

0300 12345 44

Ealing Community Partners: NHS, Ealing Council, voluntary & specialist providers working together to deliver health & social care for the people of Ealing  

We’re changing the way some of our services are delivered during the coronavirus (Covid-19) public health emergency.Find out more
+ +